I was a bit speechless this week when I read my “27 Week” recap which stated that a baby born now, has a good chance of surviving with significant medical assistance. I mean that is great to hear, but it’s still very scary to know that a baby can come any as early as the present. As much as I’d love to meet the little guy, I couldn’t possible bear to see a creature struggle to survive at such an early age. Breaks my heart.
Hopefully my baby can wait another 10 or so weeks!
- How far along: 27 weeks. 3 days.
- Total weight gain: Approaching 35 lbs.
- Sleep: These days? Very reminiscent of my first trimester…exhausted!
- Best moment this week: Sleeping in on Monday morning.
- Movement: OHMYGOSH. Yes. Especially this past weekend when I was at an anniversary party. Music was pumpin’ and baby was groovin’.
- Symptoms: Where do I start? Severe lower back pains. Tailbone pain. Tightening/rock-hard stomach. Dry skin.
- Symptoms I DON’T have: Extreme nausea.
- Food cravings: CocaCola!
- Food aversions: Chicken that is bland or lacking flavor. Still.
- Labor Signs: I hope not…not sure if the tightening stomach will lead to Braxton Hicks contractions.
- Belly Button in or out? In.
- What I miss: Being able to lie on my stomach.
- What I am looking forward to: Getting a back massage. Soon.
- Weekly Wisdom: Don’t let your work life stress you out. Not worth it.
- Milestones: Baby is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes and perhaps even sucking his thumbs!