I’ve suffered from chronic back pain for over 10 years, so knew that sleeping comfortably during pregnancy was going to be an issue. A body pillow was therefore a must-have on my list, but I didn’t just want to settle for any old pillow; I needed something unique and comfortable enough to handle my severe muscular and joint pains.
That’s why when I read the raving reviews of the Snoogle Maternity Pillow from Leachco, I decided to make the investment (even though it was going for about $55 bucks)! Yes, a hefty price to pay for a pillow, but I had to try something to rid myself of additional back pain.
Now that I’ve had the pillow for over 3 months, I gotta say I LOVE it :)! Although it isn’t a miracle worker, it has helped me cope with a number of pregnancy discomforts plaguing me for months. I am now able to sleep more comfortably through the night and wake up feeling less stiff overall. I don’t need 3-5 different size pillows surrounding me in bed anymore (you know what I mean, one for your head, one propping up your feet and one stuffed between your knees); I can simply use the Snoogle for supporting my head, neck, knees and aligning my hips and back properly.
The Snoogle also comes with a fitted pillow case that can be thrown into the wash when needed…and hey, who doesn’t like that functionality?
But one of the coolest features of this pregnancy pillow, is its versatility. There are about 8 or so different positions it can be used in (which is critical for getting comfortable with a growing belly). Here are a few:
- Back to Back
- Supports entire back
- Aligns hips, neck, spine and legs
- Tummy Tuck
- Supports tummy for pregnancy or post-surgery
- Ideal for breast-feeding in bed
- Nest Rest
- Upper or lower body elevation
- Relieves stiffness, swelling and reflux
- The Swirl
- Perfect for watching TV or reading
- Relieves neck and back pain
- Lay flat for lounge pillow or baby prop
- Swirl Around
- Feed baby or read comfortably in bed
- Upper extremity elevation, back support
- Double Up
- Elevation relieves congestion and reflux
- Donut Deluxe
- Ultimate cushion for lower body
- Great addition to your recliner
- Complete upper body support
- Splints chest for deep breathing and coughing
Trust me, this pregnancy pillow will be put to good use, even well after your pregnancy! I’d highly recommend this to any expectant mom having trouble sleeping, especially those who suffer from chronic back pain like myself.