Finding the perfect Halloween costume when you’re pregnant can be quite the endeavor, depending on how far along you are.
Early on in pregnancy, you don’t always want to spill the beans too soon; and then when you are pushing 8-9 months it can be quite the challenge to fit into anything. This is where a little creativity goes a long way!
Today, I’m sharing some of the best and most creative pregnant Halloween costumes mom-to-be can rock, regardless of the trimester!
This post contains affiliate links.
Costume Ideas for the First Trimester
As I mentioned, celebrating Halloween while in your first trimester of pregnancy can be tricky. You’re newly pregnant and going through some of the toughest moments but your baby bump isn’t quite that noticeable. Some women may want to shout in from the rooftops, while others may want to wait a bit before sharing the news with the whole world.
In my experience, most women don’t want to announce their pregnancy until they know for sure it is a viable pregnancy and everything is looking good in terms of pregnancy progression and development. This usually is around the third or fourth month.
So if you’re belly hasn’t quite “popped” yet, and you are ready to share the news in a fun and clever way, the easiest route to make it obvious is to go with Halloween pregnancy t-shirts. They ensure no one is questioning whether that’s a beer belly or a baby bump!
Check out some of my favorite ideas, including funny pregnant costumes and cute Halloween costume ideas!
If you’re feeling a little extra creative and want to add a few accessories to those t-shirts to really customize your look, here are some additional ideas:
- Get the Thing 1, Thing 2 t-shirt and add a blue wig tutu and accessories.
- Go as a team: your partner can dress the technician role, while mom-to-be dresses the part with this X-Ray Skeleton mom and baby t-shirt.
- Keep it simple with the Bun in the Oven t-shirt that says it all.
- Go the classic route with this adorable Pumpkin Pregnancy T-Shirt – you can add a little accessory to dress it up too.
- Tell the world who’s a mommy-to-be with this cute Mummy to Be T-Shirt.
Costume Ideas for the Second & Third Trimester
Once you’re belly has officially “popped” and there’s no question about it, work that bump into your costume any way you choose.
These creative DIY costumes will keep all eyes on that bump!
Grab some pompoms and make yourself into a Gum Ball Machine!
Layer a few pieces and add accessories to create this adorable Monster’s Inc bump.
Superhero fan (who’s not?!)? Show everyone the awesome Wonder Woman you are with this adorable WonderBaby costume!
Have your partner join you with a bowling ball theme, ball and pin costume.
Looking to keep it creative, yet still easy enough to do?
- Wear black and make that bump into a Magic 8 Ball.
- Grab some paper and show off you’re a Mummy-to-be.
- Grab a green t-shirt and turn it into your favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!
Enjoyed this post? Share it with an expectant mom by pinning this image:
Want more Halloween Ideas?
Ana, a mom to three rambunctious little boys, has supported hundreds of thousands of women throughout their pregnancy and motherhood journey since 2012 as a blogger and maternal health advocate at MommysBundle.com.