This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#HolidaysConFamilia #CollectiveBias
Like most people, this time of year with Thanksgiving and Christmas approaching is one of my favorites! I love everything about the holiday season from the delicious aroma of turkey and pumpkin pie that fills a room to the seasonal decorations popping up from house to house. But one of my favorite memories of the holidays is getting together with family — because that’s truly what the holidays are all about.
As a Latina, getting together with family is everything. Whether it’s gathering for a feast or special occasion, it’s a chance to reconnect with loved ones, share a delicious meal and watch the little ones play together….because these days there are many of them. Babies, toddlers, preschoolers running all around and making every moment even more special.
And because most family members are traveling from near and far when getting together for the holidays, it’s important to make them feel extremely welcome.
As a mother, one thing I know that is super important when it comes to accommodating family is making sure they have everything they need in stock so they don’t have to run out in the cold to pick anything up. Things like extra paper products and diapers can make a big difference.
So as I prepare for the upcoming get togethers, I’m making sure I have plenty diapers on hand. On a recent trip to BJ’s Wholesale Club, I was able to stock up on Huggies. With an assortment of products including Kimberly Clark’s, they make prepping for the holidays a breeze. BJs is currently having a special offering 60-day free membership for all who sign-up here!
I thought it would be even more fun and welcoming for my family to add a little holiday twist to our typical diaper station with a festive diaper cake! This way the house shows a little holiday spirit and my guests can feel free to grab a diaper as needed.
Diaper Cake Tutorial
1. To start, make sure you have all the necessary materials handy. This includes:
- 14 or 16 inch cardboard cake tray
- Glue gun
- Paper towel roll
- Mini rubber bands
- Colorful ribbon or other embellishments
- 40-60 diapers
- Cake topper (faux flowers)
2. Next, hot glue the paper towel roll to the center of the cake tray.
3. Once secure, beginning rolling your diapers. Use a rubber band to secure the diaper rolls.
4. Begin laying out your diaper rolls in position. Secure with a white balloon ribbon to ensure they stay in place. You can then remove the rubber bands.
Since I went with a 3-tier cake, I needed plenty of diapers. I used 6 diapers to compose the center row of the first layer, then 13, then 16. For the middle layer, I used 6 diapers again for the center and then 13 for the outer layer. For the top layer, I used 6 diapers.
5. Repeat step 4 for the next two layers.6. Embellish the diaper cake with colorful festive ribbons. I used a glitter candy cane pattern and then added another green ribbon and pom poms for some more pizzaz.
7. I topped off the cake with some faux flowers — poinsettia to bring out the holiday spirit even more!
I love how it turned out and can’t wait to share with my family!
Click here to see how others are preparing for their families this holiday!
Interested in more DIY projects for the holidays? Check out some fun ideas below!
DIY Candy Cane Wreath
DIY Sugar Scrub – Homemade Gift Idea
Christmas Tree Salt Dough Ornament
You can also connect with us on Pinterest for year-long project ideas!
BJs is hosting a giveaway to help get your home ready for the holidays – enter below for your chance to win!
KCC BJs Holiday Giveaway
How are you preparing to welcome family this holiday season? Have you ever made a diaper cake?
Ana, a mom to three rambunctious little boys, has supported thousands of women throughout their pregnancy and motherhood journey since 2012 as a prenatal and postpartum educator at MommysBundle.com.