I’m feeling good overall this week. The only thing really hurting is my back — and it’s been a chronic issue for over 10 years now, so not blaming this symptom on pregnancy! I’ve also noticed that my skin has become super itchy over the last few weeks — my stomach and ankles especially!
The one thing I’ve been bad at, is staying away from fried or less-than ideal food groups this week — mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers and pizza to name a few. It’s just hard to feed my hunger with salads sometimes. I’ve also noticed that sweets are all I crave these days — perhaps it’s a sign that my body needs more “natural sweets” found in fruits.
Anyhow, I thought it would be fun to change things up a bit and do a survey of my pregnancy this week. Check it out below:
- How far along: 26 weeks
- Total weight gain: Hate to admit it…but about 30 lbs.
- Sleep: Going to bed much too late these days (after midnight :(!)
- Best moment this week: Enjoying a 3-day weekend.
- Movement: Yes, lower abs — especially when I’m hungry or have just eaten.
- Symptoms: Itchy belly, ankles and severe upper back pain.
- Symptoms I DON’T have: Nausea.
- Food cravings: SWEETS.
- Food aversions: Chicken that is bland or lacking flavor.
- Labor Signs: No, thank God! (It’s too early!)
- Belly Button in or out? Innie 🙂
- What I miss: The truth? Being “in the mood” 😉
- What I am looking forward to: Meeting my little man.
- Weekly Wisdom: Life is too short to fill with arguments and resentment.
- Milestones: Baby’s network of nerves are even more developed now, making it easier for him to hear mommy and daddy :)!
Ana, a mom to three rambunctious little boys, has supported hundreds of thousands of women throughout their pregnancy and motherhood journey since 2012 as a blogger and maternal health advocate at MommysBundle.com.