A little late posting again this week. For various reasons, I haven’t been able to stick to posting the pregnancy updates the very first day of the new week like I had initially hoped to! There has also been a few time constraints….whether I’m making time to play fetch with Gizmo, figuring out what the hubby and I are eating for dinner, doing laundry, or simply watching a bit of t.v. to unwind after an exhausting day at the office, it’s been tough!
I’m really starting to feel the symptoms of the “third trimester”. I’m much slower overall. Can’t get out of the car too fast, can’t bend down too often. My lower back and tailbone are in excruciating pain. And sleeping through the night has become a distant memory. I’m either waking up from aches and pains or reluctantly making my way to the bathroom to relieve my bladder!
Also, I’ve been feeling emotionally drained lately. Don’t want to take work stresses home, but some days it happens. Don’t want to argue over little things at home, but some days we do. Don’t want to neglect my blogging goals or “things I want to accomplish before my 30th birthday” (I still have 3 months to go!), but yes, some days it just happens. Hopefully things will start looking up soon…they have to!
- How far along: 29 weeks. 6 days.
- Total weight gain: I’ve lost count.
- Sleep: Tossing and Turning. Waking up periodically for a bathroom reprieve.
- Best moment this week: My husband surprising me with a gift certificate for a massage…specializing in maternity massage!
- Movement: Tons! Active little Chili 😉
- Symptoms: Upper back pain. Lower back pain. Tailbone pain. Vivid, insane nightmares.
- Food cravings: Ice Cream! Specifically, frozen yogurt with rainbow sprinkles.
- Food aversions: Smell of poultry cooking. (Gag!)
- Labor Signs: Some cramping in the lower abs.
- Belly Button in or out? In between, but guess that means in.
- What I miss: Getting massages the old fashion way: while lying on my stomach.
- What I am looking forward to: Finishing the nursery!
- Weekly Wisdom: Believe in yourself.
- Milestones: Baby’s head is growing more and more each day to accommodate his growing brain!
Ana, a mom to three rambunctious little boys, has supported hundreds of thousands of women throughout their pregnancy and motherhood journey since 2012 as a blogger and maternal health advocate at MommysBundle.com.