What a week it has been! Not only am I 5-8 weeks closer to delivering my little bundle of joy, but so much has happened in a matter of days.
To start with the positive, Charlie and I have been hard at work to complete our nursery: he diligently assembling the crib and changing table/dresser combo, and then we, making it a priority to complete the remainder of the wall paper border project. We finished everything all in a matter of hours this past Saturday and were able to have some relaxation time on Sunday, for the first time! Now all that is left to do, is cleaning out the closet (previously used as storage) and actually decorating the room. We also are anxiously awaiting an underwater-themed mural my husband’s buddy is working on, which we’ll showcase on the closet doors. Lot’s of good things planned!
On the downside, it was a bittersweet week in the office when I found out that the company declared bankruptcy. Obviously bad due to everyone being out of a job suddenly, but good because I technically can have more time to unwind and de-stress before baby arrives. While the details are yet to be known, there isn’t much work to do at the office these days; we are all pretty much just waiting to hear how long we have and if and when we will get any type of severance. I’m just hoping it’s a blessing in disguise….
- How far along: 32 weeks. 5 days.
- Total weight gain: About 43 lbs!
- Sleep: Very hard to get comfortable. Not only is my upper back pain worse than ever, but I simply struggle to get a good night’s sleep :(.
- Best moment this week: Getting a surprise baby shower at the office — hey, a $75 gift card is appreciated so that I can complete my baby shopping list!
- Movement: All the time!
- Symptoms: Extremely dry and itchy skin!
- Food cravings: Just about anything sweet!
- Food aversions: Poultry..still!
- Labor Signs: Some cramping in the lower abs.
- Belly Button in or out? In-be-tween.
- What I miss: Dancing!
- What I am looking forward to: My first pregnancy photo shoot this Saturday :)!
- Weekly Wisdom: Everything happens for a reason; a good reason!
- Major Milestones: I’m gaining about a pound a week, and roughly half of that goes right to baby; who will gain almost half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up!
Ana, a mom to three rambunctious little boys, has supported hundreds of thousands of women throughout their pregnancy and motherhood journey since 2012 as a blogger and maternal health advocate at MommysBundle.com.