I’m keeping this update short and sweet, since I’m closing in on 37 weeks — yeah, full-term in just two days!! Baby will be here shortly, so these baby bump updates will soon be replaced with actual baby updates :)!
- How far along: 36 weeks. 5 days.
- Total weight gain: Too much!
- Sleep: (No change from the last week.) The biggest issue continues to be sleeping comfortably. My back hurts. It’s hard to turn from right side to left side. And frequent trips to the toilet continue to interrupt my sleep.
- Best moment this week: Finishing the nursery! (Finally satisfied with the layout!)
- Movement: Yes! Although there is less movement due to the cramped conditions. When he does it is much more apparent.
- Symptoms: (No change from last week.) Biggest symptom is the upper back pain, shortness of breath and waddling.
- Food cravings: Bread and butter. And lots of water.
- Food aversions: The smell of bland flavorless chicken – hasn’t changed.
- Labor Signs: YES! Feeling those BH contractions again, especially at night!
- Belly Button in or out? Neither. Flat belly button :p.
- What I miss: Being able to walk…normal!
- What I am looking forward to: Getting a much-needed pedicure and massage (hopefully!)
- Weekly Wisdom: “A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside… when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.”
- Major Milestones: According to BabyCenter.com, baby now weighs about 6 lbs like a crenshaw melon and more than 18 and 1/2 inches long!
Ana, a mom to three rambunctious little boys, has supported hundreds of thousands of women throughout their pregnancy and motherhood journey since 2012 as a blogger and maternal health advocate at MommysBundle.com.