Looking to make holidays memorable for your kids? This fun Christmas calendar includes traditions and activities to help you create a magical holiday season as you countdown to Christmas with your family.
When you have little kids, it’s so important to make big holidays like Christmas feel extra special. It gets them excited, helps them know what to expect and create lasting memories!
Creating traditions early on is a great way to get that excitement going.
Here are 25 traditions to do with your kids this Christmas:
- Start an advent calendar to get things going and build anticipation for the kids.
- Listen to Christmas music to get in the holiday spirit!
- Watch Christmas movies. Here are some family favorites movies the kids will love.
- Introduce Elf on the Shelf to check if kids are naughty or nice.
- Bake cookies (or yummy holiday treats).
- Decorate your Christmas tree.
- Make DIY ornaments and keepsakes like this fingerprint christmas tree.
- Write a letter to Santa.
- Send Christmas cards.
- Use popcorn or holiday-themed paper to make garland.
- Drink hot cocoa.
- Visit Santa.
- Make a snow globe.
- Go sledding or play with pretend snow inside!
- Build a snowman.
- Make snow angels.
- Take a tour of the neighborhood Christmas lights.
- Wrap presents.
- Give a gift.
- Build a gingerbread house.
- See a Christmas show.
- Wear holiday pjs and socks.
- Read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas.
- Leave cookies and milk out for Santa.
- Take pictures with your family.
Click below to get a free printable of these Christmas traditions to hang in your house for the holidays.
Ana, a mom to three rambunctious little boys, has supported hundreds of thousands of women throughout their pregnancy and motherhood journey since 2012 as a blogger and maternal health advocate at MommysBundle.com.
I think I forgot gingerbread houses on mine! Ahh those are absolutely a must:)
Joanna recently posted…1st Day of #Merryblogmas: Holiday Bucket List
Theresa @DearCreatives says
I want to make a gingerbread house this year. Happy Holidays!
Theresa @DearCreatives recently posted…New Makeup From One Direction Perfect for Parties, Dancing, Glam Looks Or Stocking Stuffers!
Yes.. all of these things are def on my bucket list as well!
Lauren recently posted…Hello, December!
Julie @ Girl on the Move says
I don’t miss snow in January-March but I definitely miss snow at Christmas-time in here in Southern California!
Julie @ Girl on the Move recently posted…Holiday Craft
I’ve never been a huge eggnog fan but I am thinking that this year is the year I am going to be in love with egg nog. I just feel it! We just ordered our holiday cards over cyber monday! I am so excited to see how they turn out!!
Ashley recently posted…Happy Thanksgiving!