Looking to make holidays memorable for your kids? This fun Christmas calendar includes traditions and activities to help you create a magical holiday season as you countdown to Christmas with your family.
When you have little kids, it’s so important to make big holidays like Christmas feel extra special. It gets them excited, helps them know what to expect and create lasting memories!
Creating traditions early on is a great way to get that excitement going.
Here are 25 traditions to do with your kids this Christmas:
- Start an advent calendar to get things going and build anticipation for the kids.
- Listen to Christmas music to get in the holiday spirit!
- Watch Christmas movies. Here are some family favorites movies the kids will love.
- Introduce Elf on the Shelf to check if kids are naughty or nice.
- Bake cookies (or yummy holiday treats).
- Decorate your Christmas tree.
- Make DIY ornaments and keepsakes like this fingerprint christmas tree.
- Write a letter to Santa.
- Send Christmas cards.
- Use popcorn or holiday-themed paper to make garland.
- Drink hot cocoa.
- Visit Santa.
- Make a snow globe.
- Go sledding or play with pretend snow inside!
- Build a snowman.
- Make snow angels.
- Take a tour of the neighborhood Christmas lights.
- Wrap presents.
- Give a gift.
- Build a gingerbread house.
- See a Christmas show.
- Wear holiday pjs and socks.
- Read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas.
- Leave cookies and milk out for Santa.
- Take pictures with your family.
Click below to get a free printable of these Christmas traditions to hang in your house for the holidays.
Ana, a mom to three rambunctious little boys, has supported thousands of women throughout their pregnancy and motherhood journey since 2012 as a prenatal and postpartum educator at MommysBundle.com.