Pregnant and looking to find the best pregnancy hacks out there? Or are you simply wondering what all the fuss is about these so-called hacks for mom-to-be?
From a momma who’s been there, here’s the simple answer: Pregnancy hacks are tips and tricks the expectant mom needs when she’s looking to survive the most physically and emotionally demanding 9 months of growing a little human.
So if you fit the bill, and are a mom-to-be looking for clever ways to make your pregnancy a little easier, this list of pregnancy hacks and homemade tips will do just that. Whether it’s managing the symptoms of morning sickness, figuring out what maternity clothes to wear or just sleeping comfortably at night, every expectant mama should bookmark this list!
Pregnancy Hacks Every Expectant Mom Should Know
1. Early in pregnancy as you experience morning sickness, you’ll want fast relief. Be ready with these all-natural homemade freezer pops to alleviate your pain quickly.
2. Another easy tip to alleviate morning sickness on-the-go, is simply to keep small snacks like crackers or peppermints in your bag or glove compartment. Here’s a list of our favorite ways to treat nausea during pregnancy.
3. As you move through that first-trimester, make the clothes you have work for you. This genius clothing hack to make your favorite jeans fit is so easy and also saves you money on maternity clothes!! (And of course, I recommend you try the hairband hack early on, before you purchase new jeans!)
5. As your belly grows, you’ll need to move up a size or two in clothes. But that’s easy to do with this brilliant tip for making a DIY belly band.
6. You can even use a belly belt to dress up your look and let everyone know yes, indeed there’s a baby in there!
7. But your belly won’t be the only part of your body growing when you’re pregnant. Your breasts will also become fuller, making your go-to bra a little less comfortable. Grab a bra-extender to make them fit for as long as you can.
9. Prevent stretch marks with this oil-based DIY recipe. If you aren’t so keen on homemade recipes, try this Cocoa buttercream that I swore by!
10. As you move into the third trimester, you may feel a bit swollen. Alleviate pressure on your feet by using a cardboard box or adjustable footrest.
11. If you’re pregnant and working in an office, sitting all day can create back pain all the way through to your tailbone. These ergonomic seat cushions help keep your posture in proper alignment.
12. One great idea is to take your own maternity photos instead of hiring an expensive photographer with these easy tips for expectant moms!
13. As your due date approaches you’ll find it harder and harder to jump up out of bed quickly to head for the ladies room. Turning to your side and pushing off a nightstand for leverage works wonders (a nurse recommended this to me and it was my go-to during and after pregnancy!)
14. Struggling with cramps or a Charlie horse? This happened to me frequently in my calves and foot while pregnant and eating bananas (hello potassium!) helped to reduce the frequency.
Hope this list was useful and helps alleviate some of those pesky pregnancy problems. With a little creativity and adjustment, you can put these pregnancy hacks to work and enjoy the ups and downs of those glorious 9 months!
Liked this post? You may also enjoy the following:
Ana, a mom to three rambunctious little boys, has supported hundreds of thousands of women throughout their pregnancy and motherhood journey since 2012 as a blogger and maternal health advocate at MommysBundle.com.